Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Why I chose my format of note taking

Im not too particular about the branding or the style of my notes, I feel that if I write things as I would say them then it is much easier for me to memorize the things im writing. The only exception to this is when im copying a definition then I prefer to write exactly as the instructor has it posted as to avoid confusion and to avoid any miscommunications. However, as I do find that it makes it easier to memorize I will add my own twist to the definitions in post, I will ask questions in my own voice I will explain further in my own voice, these are just things I do to remind me of both the topic and the fact that I wrote the notes myself and not just the fact that they are not in my own words. Then during a lecture i like to listen to an entire section of what is said, and usually I just summarize the entire lecture on my own, this is more easily done than copying definitions because through the lecture i find myself better understanding the notes and the things that i need to be listening to in order to process the information. Finally I like to directly copy the professors answers to the questions asked by students and in the example this is a 600 person class so with so many students you are bound to get some redundancies so when i found a question asked was unimportant i would just add on to where it had already been answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment